01 april 2012

Eindhoven

Exciting day...  because I am leaving the Netherlands tomorrow, for a special period of 1 month abroad, in Ukraine.

I set up this project, in order to improve the relevance of my (art) work (and of my life in general):
I will be intensely observing and working with colleagues in Ukraine, Kharkov. The possibility to work with creative spirits who operate in different areas, both geographically/culturally and professionally is very appealing. It is an asset of our time.
Being the offspring from different histories and needs, we have the possibility to meet and communicate, and to share our activities, or at least to question what we do critically and fundamentally in a contemporary way.
A western artist like me generally enjoys a certain autonomy, but being as involved in life and time as one can, is necessary if one wants his work to have existential/relevant meaning.

I will try to introduce my Ukrainian friends to you, and to keep you updated on my adventures in Ukraine on this blog. If I don't manage, I will surely tell you all about it when I get back!

Griet